Thursday 1 September 2011

My message for Enda

I emailed Kenny a few days ago.  I was waiting for his reply to post along with mine - but it hasn't come, not even a bland acknowledgement.  Here's my message to him:

Dear Enda,

the disgust I and many orthodox Catholics in the country had when you made that ludicrous speech in the Dail attacking the Vatican, based not on anything in the Cloyne Report, but clearly on the prejudices of you and your advisers, including some ordained, is increasingly turning to anger as the implications unfold. 

When I read the speech I thought, "this is something Paisley would have been proud of in his day".  When we heard that you were being quoted by the Chinese authorities in support of its persecution of the Catholic Church in China we were no longer shocked.  This is what you have brought the country to.

Last week the Chinese authorities arrested dozens of lay people and priests who would not support the State choice for bishop.  These are the people whose ideology you now share.  I hope Enda you feel proud.

Brendan Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment